1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Leslie Nielsen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 28, 2010.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Who killed Lt. Frank Drebin? My money is on Det. Nordberg. It wouldn't be the first time Nordberg killed somebody would it?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Laugh now, but his filmography includes things like MASH and the captain on the Poseidon Adventure, Kojak, Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Ironside, The Rookies, Hawaii Five-0 and the Mod Squad.
    He had great comic timing, but his life was a Quinn Martin Production

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Back in the early 1990s I was parking cars at a country club in Paradise Valley, AZ, and Nielsen walked out with a member. As they were waiting for their golf clubs, you start to hear fart noises. Two very old women who were waiting for their car (white Caddy, I'm sure) did not seem to be amused, and after they got into their cars, Neilsen shows everyone the whoopee cushion he was palming.

He was always on. RIP

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I had the opportunity to interview Leslie 10 or 12 or 15 years ago, and I remember leaving the interview thinking, Gee, that wasn't nearly as hilarious as I thought it might be. Guess I should have written funnier questions for him.

RIP.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just for the heck of it:

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

My father went the same way.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP. I'm sure OJ is grieving today.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One of the greats, indeed.

His older brother Erik was a longtime Canuckistani politician and was the Deputy Prime Minister from 1984 to 1986 under Brian Mulroney.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

They just had him stuffed.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"That would be me. I've been swimming in raw sewage. I LOVE IT!"

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A friend of mine on a different website told a story of a golf fundraiser that Nielsen attended. He had his fart machine during the silent action.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Fucking classic part. Then all the sporting equipment nails Dr. Meinheimer on the head, finishing with the tar and feathers.

Draft saved Draft deleted