1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Leslie Nielsen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Joe Cocker is making the rounds again, too.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Forgot that Nielsen had been gone that long.......

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

People refuse to read the date below the headline that is more than five years old.

If "Oblivious Dick" is really a thing, which I doubt it is, then it is my second-favorite Dick behind "I'm Not Fat Dick."

YankeeFan and Stoney like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All things considered, I would prefer more of Dick's threads to include the Mommy Brigade he runs into on FB (with photos!) than the recycled obits.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If I had to make a guess, someone is click mongering. They post a link to a story on the death of someone notable who has been dead long enough that most folks have forgotten that they passed. Someone sees it and shares and it spreads, and everyone who clicks through hits their desired site.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My wife and her friends have aged out of the stage where they believe they are the first new moms in history to care about their newborns.

YankeeFan and Jake_Taylor like this.
  7. LongTimeListener

Ah. OK if history is a guide, you're in a lull right now but the next few years are going to have cryptic (and some not-so-cryptic) posts about how unfulfilled they are as educated people, strong women, etc. It's an opportunity, man! freqposter can elaborate.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

That's not Leslie Nielsen, that's Enrico Palazzo!

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

More sad news: Lucy, the Autralopithecus discovered by Donald Johanson, has died.

11. LongTimeListener

Was Nielsen 1A?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just wait for the fun we'll have in five years with another RIP Abe Vigoda thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.