1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Leonard Nimoy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SpockPuppet, Feb 27, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's sad in a way of course, but Nimoy was active and vital until very recently; it wasn't like he had a long fade into obscurity. He participated in life to the very end. Actually to make it to 83 with COPD is fairly impressive in itself.

Maybe this will give pause to the people carping that Shatner, Jagger, McCartney, etc etc, should "hang it up and retire with dignity." Why? Because some slapdick on the Internet says so?

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Can't do it, Sally" outlives another one.

I don't care for comics or the whole comics-inspired movies, but I got my junior nerd card by being a big fan of Star Trek, the original and STTNG.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

In Search Of scared the heck out of me. Well, the idea of it, anyway, since I was too afraid to watch it. RIP Leonard Nimoy.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

He will never be forgotten.

So that leaves Chekov, Sulu, Uhuru and Kirk left alive of the original cast right?

6. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy........

......and three days ago this guy celebrated his 94th birthday:

[​IMG]

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Why does it seem like he should be way older than 94?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mr. Nimoy was definitely someone who exemplified my youth; thanks for the joys you brought to my life and may you RIP Mr. Nimoy.

His counter to Kirk's bombastic persona was perfect.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Don't forget Paris, master of role play and disguise, in Mission: Impossible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amy likes this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Spock was the embodiment of IDIC. Nimoy always signed off his tweets with LLAP. FWIW, both those things meant a lot to me, a voracious reader of Star Trek books and avid fan of all the incarnations of the original TV series.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Also did The Illogical Song, a fixture on Dr. Demento, along with Bilbo Baggins.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Today's cover of the Toronto Sun: Full page picture of Leonard Nimoy with the headline "He's Dead, Jim".

Draft saved Draft deleted