1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Lemmy Kilmister

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Dec 28, 2015.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Did not expect that. RIP to a hell of a character.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Damn. Rough couple of months for Motorhead fans.

Drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor died in November.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe now we can find out if this really was a trick question.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Huge Motorhead fan, saw them twice, they were awesome both times.

Saw some pics of Lemmy a while back and he did not look good but he always seemed like he was too tough to die. The Lemmy doc from a few years back is great.

RIP to a badass bassist, vocalist and rock and roll hard man. He belonged in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This was my introduction to Motorhead. It was awesome. RIP, Lemmy.

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Agreed, but considering the collection of no-talent assclowns (and Jann Wenner) that comprise the R&RHoF, it'll be 50 years before his name even comes up ...

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sad, but true. Ted Nugent belongs too but that'll never happen.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ted "Fuck You, I Got Guns!" Nugent is never getting in as long as Wenner is alive. And probably not even after Wenner is dead.

Huggy likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Those Nazi uniforms sure looked sharp:

Lemmy has been an enthusiastic collector of Nazi memorabilia for a number of years now.

"Ha ha, very funny," he says. "Look, as I've always said, it's not my fault the bad guys had the best shit. But by collecting Nazi memorabilia, it doesn't mean I'm a fascist, or a skinhead. I'm not. I just liked the clobber. And let me tell you, the kind of people who do collect this stuff, they aren't yobbos either. They are people with Masters [degrees], they are doctors, professors. I've always liked a good uniform, and throughout history, it's always been the bad guy who dressed the best: Napoleon, the Confederates, the Nazis. If we had a good uniform, I'd collect ours as well, but what does the British Army have? Khaki. Makes them look like like a fucking swamp frog..."

Lemmy on heartbreak, ageing and his penchant for Nazi memorabilia

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ozzy had a great quote in the Lemmy doc, saying something along the lines that if the Nazis wanted to start up again they'd have to go to Lemmy to buy all their shit back.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't think a guitarist who expressed his desire for a president to be killed particularly belongs in any hall of fame

Draft saved Draft deleted