1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Law & Order

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 13, 2010.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

However they wind this up I want only one thing: Adam Schiff to walk into Waterston's office. Steven Hill hasn't worked since he walked away. He was the whole show to me. He made the deal for me.

o-<

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh good. Another cop and/or lawyer show filmed in LA... can't wait for this new twist...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Equally as sad to see Mercy go. At least the show must have had an inkling and threw every twist they could into the final.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

J-School: By money I meant that NBC wanted Wolf to take less money on the syndication; he wasn't biting. Also, NBC wanted less production money to be spent; again, no dice.

The story someone linked here mentioned that NBC might let Wolf do a movie at some point next year to wrap things up. Of course, I'm still waiting for that Deadwood movie, too.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Ah, that does make sense. Wolf must make a mint off the syndication side. The thing is in constant play all across cable. This still feels like a programming mistake for NBC, but I shall admit it is my heart and not head that tells me this.

RIP, old warhorse show. This is one case where I'd actually love to see a wrap-up movie, just to use it as an excuse for cameos by the thousand characters this thing had over its generation on TV.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It would be better if they could do a 13-episode season to do a farewell right and also get it past Gunsmoke as longest running drama.

7. dooley_womack1

You would think NBC could get a buncha buzz next season by promoting the record 21st season of Law & Order. Then again, NBC could fuck up a one-man parade.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love the idea of Law and Order:LA - cops investigating crimes. Kinda like Southland.

LOLA could work if they shoot it to make LA look as gritty as they can and not like LA Law. The best thing about LO was that it WAS filmed in New York, with New York actors and people with accents. I really don't see the new show getting better numbers than the original - unless Belzer's Munch transfers to L.A.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Recall every other spot on the ER finale was a promo for "Southland," which was gone a couple of months later ... is there anyone in upper management at NBC not in a persistive vegetative state?

(And if anyone really cares, there is one small sect of polygamous Mormons concentrated in Colorado City, Ariz., and Hildale, Utah. They were the flavor of the day on the cable gabfests a few years ago. The main branch of the LDS church disavowed them years ago).

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That's the FLDS (fundamentalist) church and they and their ancestors were excommunicated in the 1930s.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I wonder if Michael Moriarty is cooking up some conspiracy theory about this.

For or against.

12. dooley_womack1

I wonder if Michael Moriarity knows which planet he's on.

Draft saved Draft deleted