1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Law & Order

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 13, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

L&O:LA!?! If it ain't in NYC, it ain't a Law & Order!

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Then how do you explain Law & Order: UK?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Wiest/Thompson parlay has amply demonstrated why assholes on either
    side of the spectrum are wholly undesirable.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

By refusing to acknowledging it exists.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jill Hennessy, Carey Lowell, Angie Harmon, Elisabeth Röhm, Annie Parisse and Alana de la Garza.

Best looking lawyers in history.

Sam Waterson is taking all of them to Utah where he'll start a new series, Mormon Law.
    Sam and his staff of 6 female ADAs, who happen to be his wives, enforce the laws of the LDS.
    A cross between Big Love and L&O.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

You do realize that the LDS church strictly prohibits polygamy?

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I would watch.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was where I lost interest as well. SVU got too crazy and I stopped watching. I could never get that into Criminal Intent.

9. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

This is what bums me out particularly about the news. That show'd had some hardcore mediocre seasons in the last few years, but I felt like it actually got good again this year. I was sure NBC would let it ride out to next year at least, to beat the "Gunsmoke" longest-running record.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Alana de la Garza is pregnant and they planned to put it in the storyline (if the show resumed).

And D-3 fan - It is not Van Buren's *expected* departure, it is fact. This is S. Epatha Merkerson's final season and final show.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I think Sisto is great. (I wish he and Jesse Martin could have had a longer partnership.) Like Roache. And Waterston's new role is a good fit.

I thought this season was pretty strong. I'm hoping that somehow it gets an 11-th hour reprieve from the governor.

o-<

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But is it enforced? Jews are supposed to be strictly Kosher, but there's nothing like a Crab cake with some Prosciutto di Parma.

Draft saved Draft deleted