1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Law & Order

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 13, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually like the UK show. I can recognize the original plots the were taken from and like I said earlier, it feels closer to the original than the LOLA does.

2. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Skeet leaving doesn't bother me. Re-casting Molina in a sense might be a better fit. Too bad about Boone, she was cute. Overall, I like this show. I hope it sticks around.

I don't think it gets past this season though. Putting with SVU was an obvious choice, but no way does it stand alone on Saturday night.

3. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Los Angeles is OK, but I'm really enjoying UK.

Oh, and polygamist Mormons do exist, down in Mexico. Not a splinter group, either, just way under the radar. L&O: Juarez soon?

4. DanOregon

They could replace the detectives and prosecutors every week.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

This again? Oh my. The group in Mexico is indeed a "splinter group" that was excommunicated by the LDS church in the 1940s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Firstborn_of_the_Fulness_of_Times

The LDS church has prohibited polygamy for more than 100 years and actively excommunicates those who try to practice it.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems just re-tooling the cast might not have been enough. LOLA has been pulled from NBC's schedule.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b221282_law_order_los_angeles_pulled_by_nbc.html

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It should be, it sucked.

It just wasn't the same.

And I am the biggest Law and Order fan - outside of Fenian Bastard - around. I even liked some of the criminal intent and a lot of the SVU episodes, which I know some L&O fans don't like.

But this Los Angeles show sucked.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Never saw the L.A. show. I used to be a regular watcher, and CI was, by far, the most interesting. Never caught one with Goldblum, though, so I don't know how he came off on those episodes.

9. DanOregon

Finally got around to watching the last season of CI with Goldblum and Safron Burrows. They were very well paired. Glad to hear they're shooting some episodes with D'nofrio and Erbe to wrap the show up later this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted