1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Law & Order

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 13, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b180908_law_order_dead_buried.html

Hope they answer all the questions in the finale, such as why the hell they let it stay on for 20 years.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll do a proper series finale or just have it end with a normal episode. Given that the series has always been at its best when it had standalone episodes, either would be fitting.
    I've heard some talk it may continue on cable, though. Like Southland made the leap to TNT with new episodes.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Hope it can survive somewhere else, preferably TNT. Once USA got a hold of Criminal Intent, it went to shit.

The mothership has had a really nice season. I'm incredibly disappointed by this news.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

L&O has served its purpose and has endured over the years.

I wonder if it's because of Van Buren's expected departure that NBC decided it was time to end its run?

5. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I lost mucho interest in the series after Jerry Orbach died. Tried to stick with it for awhile but it just didn't seem the same without Lenny B.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How many hours of programming has Law & Order and its spawn accounted for over the past 20 years if you combine first-run and syndication? Probably in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I liked this season. It actually seemed fresh.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

There's going to be a L&O: Los Angeles, according the E Online?

9. Yes. This has been a goos season. Thought I DO dislike the DA.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The show died for me when Steven Hill left and they brought in Dianne Wiest.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The show is not officially dead. NBC makes it announcement on Sunday and supposedly there is still some negotiating going on. Dick Wolf will need to bring down his cut of the pie for L&O to come back, though. TNT has said it has no interest in picking it up. (And yes, there will also be an L&O: Los Angeles this season.)

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's more to cable than USA and the Turner networks. Wolf could find a home for the show -- if he wants to. Twenty years of showrunning the same show and he might be ready to quit.

Draft saved Draft deleted