1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Lamar Hunt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Dec 14, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'd like to hear more about this foul politics stuff. The Warren Comm. report shows the thinnest of connections between Lamar Hunt and Jack Ruby. Is there something beyond that?

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

geez, is the body even cold yet?

3. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

A broadcast report in my town called him Lavar Arrington clear as a bell, then went on to outline all of Hunt's accomplishments, never going back to correct themselves.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

... Hunt challenged the NFL Players Association in 2006 regarding his agent's practices. He also had a brief relationship with Serena Williams that, if it had led to procreation, would have produced the greatest athletes of all time. This is Biff Larson for KTIG.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

5. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

When I heard on the sportscast ... "Some sad news to report. Lavar Arrington has passed away ..." I stopped in my tracks. Was he murdered? Car accident? Suicide? Then the guy went on to say how he named the Super Bowl.

6. This is both hilarious and very sad. I mean, the guy's name isn't even LAMAR Arrington.

7. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I don't put much stock in the JFK stuff (not saying it did or didn't happen, just that it's not that big a deal to me personally). Rather, I think what is of far more interest outside of sports is the story of how Hunt and two of his brothers tried to corner the silver market. That takes stones. Especially when their plan flopped so badly. Tells you just how much money he had that such a move could go so wrong and he still remained a billionaire.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

I don't think Lamar Hunt was deeply involved in that stuff. H.L. Hunt probably bankrolled a lot of the right-wing loonies in Dallas at the time and Nelson Hunt was involved in trying to corner the silver market, but Lamar Hunt was successful in starting the AFL. I don't know that Lamar Hunt was a bad guy like other people in his family.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I actually enjoyed reading the first 1/3 of this thread........

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Can you imagine watching what the Super Bowl has become and saying to the kid in the stands next to you, "Yeah, Billy, I named this sonuvabitch? Better than The Big Game at the End, eh?"

Dude, that's crazy.

11. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I enjoyed the first third of your elipses.

Draft saved Draft deleted