1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Lamar Hunt and George Halas ... trophies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Cosmetic changes just to satisfy one's own vanity, like the supermodel doing something about the camel's toe she thinks she might have.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Is there ANYBODY outside of the league offices who thinks these changes are a good idea? ANYBODY?

Seriously, when the only feedback you're getting that isn't negative could best be described as "general indifference," you might want to reconsider what you've done.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

So the NFL will officially keep referring to "North Texas" as the site? Interesting.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The NFC team will stay in Irving.
    The AFC team will stay in Fort Worth.
    The NFL & media hotels will be in Dallas.
    The stadium is in Arlington.

So, yeah, North Texas it is.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Re: "North Texas" instead of Dallas or Arlington

It seems like part of a developing trend. The NFL this year is pushing the SB being in "South Florida" instead of Miami.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The NFL was reaching this year, trying to make it feel a little different since it was in the same stadium three years ago. So they put a lot of stuff in Fort Lauderdale and called it "South Florida."

But if they call it "Central Indiana" next year, that's pretty absurd.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They won't be calling it anything because I predict there won't be an XLVI. At least, not in 2012 after the labor armageddon hits in 2011.

8. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I can't say the look of the Halas and Hunt trophies has ever done anything for me, so just about anything would be an improvement. The new logo goes on the Lombardi, and as I read it, the trophy itself doesn't change (I say the really cool Lombardis are the first 4, which had the NFL and AFL logos on them, back when they weren't even Lombardis.)
    And this year's NFL World Championship Game, like the one three years ago, is in Miami Springs, Fla., the town nobody's heard of.

Draft saved Draft deleted