1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kitty Carlisle Hart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Apr 18, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Kitty used to wear frocks with feathers when she was a panelist on "To Tell The Truth"

Orson Bean would irritate her by blowing on the feathers while she was on camera.

Why do I remember stuff like this?

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Wasn't she also on "What's My Line?" with Bennett Cerf (the guy on the far right who was chief editor at Random House), Dorothy Kilgallen and host John Charles Daly?

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I remember watching her on "To Tell the Truth" when I was a kid.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

When GSN first came on, I was watching "To Tell the Truth," the original "TPIR" and other shows. That was the first time I watched Kitty Carlisle Hart.

Those were the days: Carlisle, Betty White, Orson Bean, John Charles Daly(?), and Arlene Francis.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

On those late-night black-and-white game shows, you discover that the prehistoric versions of The Price Is Right and Match Game were pretty lame. And that Kitty Carlisle didn't change appearance in 15 years. RIP to her; she and Peggy Cass were a good combo.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

What's my Line was Dorothy Kilgallen, Bennett Cerf, Arlene Francis and a gues panelist with John Charles Daly as the host. Kity Carlisle made occasional appearances as a guest panelist.

she also was a great patron of the arts in NYC and gave massive amounts of her time and money.

RIP

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damnmit, Bennett Cerf is the one I couldn't think of. Thanks Grandpa. :)

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"I will tell you that Miss Klein is salaried and provides a service."

William E. Daley (sp?) ranked up there with Jack Webb in unintentional hilarity.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

John Charles Daly was also a journalist. He's supposedly was the first to break in on the network air with bulletins about both Pearl Harbor and FDR's death.

My cable company took away Game Show network. I used to love watching those B&W shows.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There are very few 30s gals that I would consider Aughts-hot.

Her and Judy Garland. That's about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted