1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kidd Kraddick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jul 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Here's the show

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The way radio is these days is a lot like newspapers ... sometimes worse. Depending on the cost of the network programming, it's cheaper to run syndication in a lot of places than it is to pay a jock. Or stations pay one jock to voicetrack multiple shifts for different stations. During the school year, I push sports copy to one such voicetracker in California.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The last "local DJ" I identified with was Don Rose at KFRC in SF. He was great, goofy as hell and hilarious to a 12-year-old's sense of humor.
    Finding a connection to a local radio person is tougher and tougher. Grew up on news talk, moving north, the only consolation was I could pick up the SF talker at night. Now, there is just a lot of syndicated crap. Every radio station is USA Today. No local personalities showing up at local events because there are fewer and fewer local personalities. You really notice it in times of a serious local or national emergency event. Radio is such a great medium to feel a connection to a place, but only if it is actually from that place.
    RIP Kidd - I never heard you, but I know what your listeners are feeling right now. And it is the loss of someone who was a part of their lives every day.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Coroner says it was cardiac disease. Enlarged heart and blockage in three arteries.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/park-cities/headlines/20130728-david-kidd-kraddick-died-from-cardiac-disease-la.-coroner-says.ece

The sad thing is, a simple EKG would've discovered the hypertrophy.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Used to listen to him every morning as I was driving my sisters and I to school.

RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted