1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kevin Roberts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Apr 18, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Kevin Roberts went from out-of-work sports columnist to giving city’s homeless a voice with a newspaper of their own | Bob Brookover

Kevin Roberts was a baseball beat writer and columnist, mostly in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, but his second career was even better, as he used his skills to help the homeless.

Kevin was also one of the better people I had the privilege of crossing path with during my career in journalism. He was only five or six years further into his career than I was into mine, but he was still veru generous in helping me as I was getting my career started. He was living proof you don't have to be an asshole to do that job well, a genuinely decent and funny guy.

It is telling about our current world that my first thought was COVID 19, but Kevin had bladder cancer. He was only 53 when he died this week.

The article I linked has a couple of details wrong, but it is a decent read about a good man.

RIP Kevin

Draft saved Draft deleted