1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kevin Conroy, voice of animated Batman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Nov 11, 2022.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Only 66.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Voice acting requires such an amazing ability to emote using only one sense. It has to be unique but immediately recognizable. I am in awe of those people. And they make great money because it's such a difficult skill to master, particularly if you're doing multiple voices.

wicked, garrow and outofplace like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There's a guy in my town who retired from banking and first began acting as an extra, then developed a successful second career as a voice actor. He built a pro level studio in his basement. He has encouraged me at times to do the same. Another friend writes jingles, and he has two agents.

maumann likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In A World is a phenomenal movie if you haven't seen it. Also amazed at the people that do radio "imaging" - they seem to be able to rip the copy and return an on-air ready recording in minutes.

Hermes and maumann like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn. This sucks. I've always had a great appreciation for voice actors and Conroy was one of my favorites. There have been many Batman actors in my lifetime, but if I pick up a novel or a comic book and I have to imagine Bruce Wayne's voice, it is Conroy I hear.

maumann likes this.
  7. outofplace

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen this. That last line of his really hits differently today than it would have previously.

I will have to suspend my other binge-watching and dig back into the animated series.

maumann likes this.
  8. outofplace

9. outofplace

For those who don't know, Susan Eisenberg was the long-time voice of Wonder Woman. Tara Strong is a prolific voice actor, including Batgirl/Barbara Gordon. Both worked with Conroy for many years.

10. outofplace

I'm not quite done posting tributes to this.

11. outofplace

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted