1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kelly Preston. Cancer sucks. Mrs. Travolta was 57.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Jul 13, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She was just gorgeous in Jerry Maguire.

But I really disliked her character.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Liked her in Twins:

[​IMG]

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Or everything, for that matter. I may be in the minority but I’ve always thought she was the most attractive woman in Hollywood. Maybe 1b after Jennifer Lawrence came along.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For Love of the Game is underated. Chapel is just trying to hang on for another season and she can't see that. And Vin Scully blew me away.
    RIP

exmediahack likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t wrap myself up in celebrity lives too often but I’ve been touched by the tragedy that John Travolta has had to endure.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

RIP, Kelly.
    I have noticed that some beautiful actresses look their absolute best when they are just playing normal roles (not overly made up) in some of the dumbest movies they've made. Kelly Preston in "Twins" fits that mold. Totally beautiful. Others are Elisabeth Shue in "Adventures in Babysitting." Kim Basinger in "My Stepmother was an Alien." Olivia Wilde in "Change Up." There are plenty more.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn, she was that cute blonde? I had a nice teenage crush on her. RIP.

garrow likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It isn’t a bad movie. Some of the choices they made in changing he story from the book were terrible. Chapel is a selfish jerk in much of the movie. He is easier to like in the book.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She was about 21, 22 at the time. And I say this with all respect for her passing: that bod was perfect in every way.

matt_garth likes this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The movie was somewhat maligned, but as someone who never read the book, I really enjoyed it.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Gonna have to check out the book.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I still have the copy the publisher sent to my college newspaper to get someone to write a review. I didn't really write reviews, but it was a sports book, so I volunteered. I don't remember what I wrote, but I love the book. I've lost track of how many times I've read it. The book was actually published three years after the death of the author, Michael Shaara. Shaara was known for an historical novel about the battle of Gettysburg, The Killer Angels, which won a Pulitzer in 1975. It is also excellent, especially if you are at all interested in military history.

Draft saved Draft deleted