1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Judicial Decorum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Free PR tip: If you're accuse of "chokin' a bitch" don't snatch the mic out of the TV guy's hand on camera.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

well i'm a lawyer in florida and every day i deal with idiot and incompetent and power-hungry judges.

we lawyers call it 'black robe syndrome.' you put on the robe and instantly forget what it's like to be a lawyer who has a duty to clients and you become an arrogant total fucking asshole.

i haven't been practicing all that long (four years) but i have yet to meet a circuit court judge that i respect.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Newly-elected (after a close and contentious election) Wisconsin State Supreme Court Justice, David Prosser, grabbed the microphone away from a local Fox-News/Channel-6 reporter who was attempting to elicit comments from Justice Prosser as to the allegations that Prosser had attacked a fellow State Supreme Court justice member in chambers – what several on-hand staffers who witnessed the incident described as a “chokehold”.

Draft saved Draft deleted