1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP? Judge Tells Guy He Is Still Legally Dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Oct 10, 2013.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/10/10/judge-tells-ohio-man-hes-still-legally-dead.html

This is a weird one folks. Guy skips out on family. Disappears. Family declares him legally dead. Guy reappears. Guy's wife can't repay $$$$ she got as result of declaring him dead. Judge tells man he's still dead.

What happens, I wonder, when this actually dies????

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It would have been great if the judge finished his piece by pointing at the guy and saying, "This guy here is dead."

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

And he's not only merely dead
    He's really most sincerely dead

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The Zombie Apocalypse has begun!

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"I got better..."

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

This is the part of that movie I think you're looking for.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

He could go on a killing spree, and if they sentence him to life, he could try to claim that since he's already dead, how can he get life? Or if he committs his spree in Texas, he could say, "What are you going to do, kill me again?"

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fantastic. :D

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Well, cross him off, then.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

It would be real cool if the guy hit some kind of huge payday or something, and when the government wanted its cut, he didn't have to pay taxes because he was "dead."

Courts do some stupid stuff, and this has to rank right up there. I would be funny if he walked over and punched the judge but couldn't be charged because he is technically not alive.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

It works both ways. A cop in the courtroom could maybe then blow him away and not have to fill out the paperwork, since the guy technically doesn't exist.

Draft saved Draft deleted