1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Johnny Majors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jun 3, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

No. I went to the desk in 1995 and retired in 2014. All I know is that Callaway is symbolic of Helton's dreadful performance at USC. Helton's dad and Callaway are great friends, so that's why Clay hired him. He couldn't recruit for shit. Clancy Pendergast, the d-coor, didn't recruit at all. Helton hired his buddies and it was a disaster.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Is he answering the question from the Lord after going for the 20-20 tie against Auburn?

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Majors had 30-some assistants go on to college HC jobs or NFL.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Including WLAT!

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Kim Helton was Callaway's OC at UAB. He sucked too.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Trojans fans are praying that the incoming coaches are really good and Clay Helton doesn't try to step in and mess things up.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So fucking many futile QB draws. They're not a surprise when they're 20% of the game plan.

UAB Football. Painfully bad. I witnessed the majority of Watson Brown's setting the all time D-1 football HC loss record. Then Neil Callaway and Clay Helton. Then Garrett McGee, who won five games in two seasons and took an OC job to get out. God Bless Bill Clark, balm for the long suffering fans.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted