1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP John Lewis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 17, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Maybe we should have more statues of him.

5. Neutral Corner

This is a great story. The Alabama Democratic party was recently wrestled away from the goobers who had been running it into the ground. Chris England now heads it up.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I didn't get the chance to write about Mr. Lewis on Friday, as I learned of his passing right after the late news. Didn't have a lot of time to talk about his death tonight but, damn, I'm proud of the words I've written to try and capture the context of what he meant in our society.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Local NBC, ABC and CBS affiliates carried live coverage of ceremonies in DC today.

Local FOX affiliate did not.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

WJLA Chanel 7 in DC in an ABC affiliate owned by Sinclair Media. I honestly stopped watching local news and network news years and years ago. Post Metro section covers more local news than the TV stations. Sports and weather are 24/7 elsewhere.

does Sinclair impose its editorial control over DC’s ABC affiliate ?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and watch it - or just listen to it while puttering around on the internet. Loved the way he kept referring back to "Rev" behind him like this was a conversation. I wasn't sold on Obama until I read both his pre-2008 books. There was a brutal honesty to them, not the usual self-puffery you find in most campaign tomes.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Obama spoke for 40 minutes on John Lewis. The current president mustered 23 words

Slacker likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Obama is exceptional. Trump doesn't pass muster.

Draft saved Draft deleted