1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP John Hughes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Aug 6, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Smoke up, Johnny!!!!!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You see this is what you get in my house when you spill paint in the garage.

3. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Best line of that movie hands down. Can anyone recall a better teen badass than John Bender?

4. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Another good one: I don't think I need to sit with you fucking dildos anymore.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm also in the physics club.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Moody from My Bodyguard.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Vacation" just started on TRV (Travel).

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you done yet?
    Not. Even. Close.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You forgot BUD at the very end of that.

And no. Most of the time, I cannot stand those characters. God knows I hate Bender wannabes in real life. But there's something about Bender that I find completely intoxicating. I'd have been allllll over that if I had been Molly Ringwald.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"I expected more from a varsity letterman."

11. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

"Two hits, me hittin' you, you hittin' the floor"

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He wrote it, he didn't direct it, but given his influence at the time, I doubt much in that movie wasn't done without him green-lighting it. Truly awful flick.

Also, Hughes had no involvement in European Vacation, other than originating the characters from the original. European Vacation was basically a cash grab after Vacation became such a phenomenon, especially on pay cable, at the time.

If you look the list of movies he wrote, he must have hit his head 'round about 1988 or so. Everything from 1990 on, including the movies he wrote under a pseudonym after his sabbatical, are borderline to flat-out bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted