1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP John Halligan, NHL PR man extraordinaire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maberger, Jan 20, 2010.

1. maberger

maberger Member

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=514302

like frank, i sold my first ever hockey piece to John. But long before that, he gave me the opportunity to make my way -- opening the door for me as he had done for many others.

if ever there was anyone who would ask his passing be a celebration of life, it would be john.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sad to hear this. John was one of those people who was an ambassador for hockey when the sport was less than mainstream in the lower 48.

Like Stan Fischler and Marv Albert, he was part of the hockey landscape in NY. He and his wife would often take visiting writers out after games and show them the town.

Condolences to John's family and friends.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm also sad to hear this. John was a wonderful guy, not to mention a tireless hockey promoter and historian. RIP.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

RIP. Sounds like he was a great guy, and a wonderful ambassador for the sport.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

PR man extraordinaire doesn't come close to describing the extraordinary person that John was.

RIP to a true gentleman

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted