1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Joe Strauss

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Heavy hearts in St. Louis today, I'm sure. Read his work all the time as a Cards fan and a regular visitor to the P-D's website. Helluva writer. :(

3. dieditor

dieditor Member

El Diablo was a hell of a writer. The way he needled Cardinals fans on Twitter rubbed some BFIB the wrong way -- but I for one loved it.

He and Bryan Burwell are having a good time talking sports somewhere this morning.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That's what I'll remember him for. He could have fallen into line with the rest of the nuzzlers at the sack of the Cardinals, but he was confident enough in himself to be true to himself.

dieditor likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Strauss brought the snark in every chat he held.

I imagine he was the kind of guy who would say, "We? You got a mouse in your pocket?" if someone in the newsroom started talking about the local team as "we." (I said that once in a newsroom to a news reporter, and he looked at me like I'd slapped him. Ah, fun times.)

dieditor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted