1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Joe Mooshil

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smasher_Sloan, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He was the AP's guy in Chicago forever, and he looked and sounded like a guy named Mooshil should.

2. Joe Lapointe

Joe Lapointe Member

Oh, goodness. I remember Joe from my rookie year in Chicago. A gruff, tough guy who at first intimidated me. Once I got to know him, I found him to be one of those people you could approach and talk to and he'd give you good advice and perspective. A real Chicago type, and I mean that in the best way. All all-time AP pro. Goodbye, Joe.
  3. tmr

tmr Member

There's a great Mooshil line people quote in Chicago. After spending a day staking out the Bears parking lot, an AP intern asked him what he does. He replied, "I chase cocksuckers around parking lots."
  4. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Maria Mooshil, his daughter, was an editor at the Tribune and previously a writer at the Daily Herald.
  5. awriter

awriter Active Member

That line still lives on. The day after the season is still referred to as "chasing cocksuckers day" in Chicago.
Draft saved Draft deleted