1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Joe McKnight

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 1, 2016.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I was mocking you.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

USC team faces the most pressure.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Okay, that's just weird. Now my other post is gone.

I knew you were mocking me and I used it to mock QY.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sure ya did.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Another development:

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I can't see tweets at work. Is it some derivation of this?

Man accused of killing Joe McKnight jailed on manslaughter charge | New York Post

I think it was good that the sheriff's department took its time, but now I worry that some of the things Sheriff Tightass said the other day could be perceived as biasing a jury. A second witness has reportedly come fwd and said he did stand over the body and say something. So maybe he shot him from the car (as the shell casings were all found inside the car) and then got out and said something. Either way, they still needed to interview witnesses, so coming out and saying that x, y or z didn't happen had better be iron clad.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What did he say? It seems weird that you can justifiably kill someone and that's OK, but if you act like kind of a dickhead afterward, you'll get charged.

Tweener and YankeeFan like this.
  8. CD Boogie

What did who say? The shooter or the sheriff?

9. Dick Whitman

The shooter.

10. CD Boogie

Did ya read the story I linked? It answers that question.

11. Dick Whitman

No, it doesn't. It says what he allegedly says. It doesn't say why it matters, if the homicide was previously considered to be justified. I suppose, "I told you I was going to fuck you up" can be construed as evidence that he had not acted in self-defense, though I'm not so sure about that. I can easily think of a plausible scenario where someone is threatening me and I say, "If you point that gun at me," or, "If you come at me," then, "I'm going to fuck you up."

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

What imaginary argument are you having now? It doesn't say they charged him bc of what he said. It merely says what he was alleged to have said. They haven't said what new evidence called for his arrest. There's a new conference at 11 a.m. to discuss the new charge.

Draft saved Draft deleted