1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Joe Cocker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Dec 22, 2014.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Was just listening to One Night of Sin in the gym last week.

RIP.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My thought as well!! I love that song. May you RIP Mr. Cocker.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The song "High Time we Went" was always awesome to me. I used to think he was saying High Time we Win, and
    I looked at that as sort of a motivational thing ... sort of like "It's our time!" or "Why not Us?"
    Anyway, what a soulful, fantastic performer. Too soon to go, too.
    (As was mentioned earlier) Belushi had a really goofy but really great skit he did on an old SNL, where he played the part of Cocker, with Cocker there on stage with him.
    Great stuff. Rest in Peace, Joe Cocker.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

From The Beatles and Dave Mason to Steve Winwood, The Animals and more, Joe Cocker was one of the few who could make a cover song his own. You'd hear his version and it'd be fine, or even great, and it wouldn't make you wish you were hearing the original. That's a real artist with, of course, his unique voice.

Do yourself a favor and check out "Darling Be Home Soon," his version of John Sebastian's song for the Lovin' Spoonful. Or his duet of "Delta Lady" with ... wait for it ... Tom Jones from back in the day. RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted