1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Jim Perry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Nov 21, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Whew. Thought you were talking about another Jim Perry, i.e. Gaylord's brother, who is about the same age.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Legend in Canuckistani game show commercials: Definition, Headline Hunters, Eye Bet.

Sale of the Century always had some hotties scattered among their prize models.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Loved both Card Sharks but, especially, Sale of the Century. It was a show that had the pacing and franticness of an entire set full of people high on cocaine.

That rich, baritone voice... "would you take $500 in cash to buy the lounge set for only $15. $500?"

The bribing of the contestants was always my favorite element.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

RIP, Jim.

I went to college with his daughter, Erin, and unsuccessfully tried to get in Sale of the Century.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Used to love watching those shows. The Sale of the Century questions were so easy even I would get many of the answers right as a young teen.

RIP

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wonder whatever happened to Summer Bartholomew, she was a hottie.

Draft saved Draft deleted