1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Jim Fregosi (for real this time)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At least he died knowing that you loved him. You should feel good about that.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My favorite Fregosi story: Shortly after he took over as Angels manager, Bobby Grich was in the dugout during a game and spied an attractive lady in the stands. He had a note sent over to her identifying himself and asking if she might like to meet him after the game. She sent a note back to Grich saying she can't because she's marrried to his manager. The story said Fregosi got a big kick out of that when he heard.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I believe he would have found it very comforting.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

With this one in particular, what's the rush? No disrespect to Fregosi, but he's taken off life support and it's obviously just a matter of time. This isn't a death that's going to cause the networks to break into regular programming. What's wrong with waiting until there's confirmation from either the hospital, his family or his employer? If you're going to bury the guy, get it from a source better connected to the story than Dennis Gilbert.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I can see why it's your favorite. It's now mine, also.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

All the accusations aside, Fregosi was a good guy and an excellent source of baseball knowledge, as a manager and as a scout. That's more impoertant than accusing one another of anything.
    I will miss Fregosi and anybody who wrote about baseball and players' abilities will agree with me I'm sure.

RIP

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Casty knocked another one over the fence. Jim Fregosi was one of the good guys in baseball. He will be missed. As for everyone trying to be first with the news of his death, it's amazing that in this age of high speed technology that we - as journalists- can't it right.
    Anyway, RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted