1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Jill Clayburgh

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Jill Clayburgh, an Oscar-nominated actress known for portraying strong, independent women, died on Friday at her home in Lakeville, Conn. She was 66.

The cause was chronic leukemia, with which she had lived for 21 years, her husband, the playwright David Rabe, said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/06/arts/06clayburgh.html?_r=1&hp

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Damn. She was hot in Silver Streak, among other flicks. Sad to hear this. Seemed a classy dame.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: RIP Jill Clayburgh

An icon of the Me Decade and a portrayer of women trying to deal with the new feminine landscape. R.I.P.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She was a classic chick. Loved her in Silver Streak, Semi-Tough, Dirty Sexy Money. RIP.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Damn, too many people from my childhood seem to be dying lately. Makes me feel old.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Burt and Kris sure loved her in Semi-Tough. RIP.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Couldn't have said it better, Dan. Thank you.

RIP to a fine actress.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Agreed. I believe her "An Unmarried Woman" colleague Cliff Gorman died of leukemia, too. RIP.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Loved her in "Starting Over", from 1979, where Burt Reynolds was her new flame.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

You know what blows?
    Important stuff like this will never make the cut on the "entertainment" shows.
    Too interested in what Kim Kardashian is wearing, or whatever.
    Jill Clayburgh was a huge star in the 70s, and deservedly so. Fabulous actress.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good actress but never thought she fit the bill of Barbara Jane Bookman that Dan Jenkins described.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

this?

Draft saved Draft deleted