1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Jeanne Cooper

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, May 8, 2013.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I realize most of you won't know who she was but for those of us who have been watching The Young & The Restless for many years, she was Katherine Chancellor, one of the longest standing characters on the show, and a beloved figure. I, for one, will miss her character and will be interested in seeing how they deal with her death on the show.

And, by thue way, she was the mother of Corbin Bernsen.

RIP Jeanne

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've been following Corbin Bernsen on Facebook in recent weeks and it has been rather striking at his level of raw honesty watching his mother fade away.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

An obit, complete with picture here. RIP. Had forgotten she andBernsen were related.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/young-and-the-restless-star-jeanne-cooper-has-died-at-age-84/2013/05/08/ad6d3bd0-b80f-11e2-b568-6917f6ac6d9d_story.html

RIP.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I, for one, knew who you were talking about with the thread title. My mom was a loyal Y&R viewer for years, and I would always see some of it during my winter and summer breaks from school. RIP.

And the obit linked above touched a lot on her feistiness. I read in some article years ago (a little hazy on the details), that Cooper was sitting in on a writers meeting, when in walked a just-hired temp writer who usually did prime-time TV. Anyway the temp came in with an arrogant attitude and essentially his introductory address was something along the lines of "I think what you guys do is crap, but I have to do this so let's get it over with." Cooper walked up to him and told him to leave and never come back, and he did, and didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted