1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP James Gandolfini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 19, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: WOW -- RIP James Gandolfini

I guess heaven needed someone to run the executive game. R.I.P. to a regular dude made good. He was in some movie as a military prison warden butting heads with Robert Redford, who was playing a general who was an inmate. Decent performances, tho the film owed a whole lot to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Of course, thousands of people die every day.

That's a fucking stupid statement.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

4. Rawbot

Rawbot Member

Haven't seen more than two or three episodes of The Sopranos, but I love, love, loved the voice acting he did for Where the Wild Things Are.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He also was in "A Civil Action" with John Travolta, where he played an employee whistleblower of the company that the Travolta character was suing.

RIP.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're a fucking idiot. Specifically, Michael Hastings also died, and that also bummed out Dick, because Hastings was so unique in his reporting.

But, for you to even comment along these lines at all is a fucking joke. You're the guy who was inconsolable when Michael Jackson died, and got all upset when everyone else didn't share your sense of grief over the death of a child molester.

You were also broken up over Whitney Houston's death. But, I guess as a guy who's "studied music for the better part of 20 years", those deaths would effect you more.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

YF, your knowledge of Bodie is at a stalkerish level. But I will have to say that boiling down Michael Jackson's legacy to "child molester" is kinda simplistic.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Anybody see 'Welcome to the Rileys'? He worked miracles opposite Kristen Stewart.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

gandolfini in 'a true romance': at his brutal best, beating living spit out of patricia arquette (NSFW): http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/06/james_gandolfini_before_he_was_tony_soprano.html#/0

note: i thought it would go directly to clip but it's the second one as you scroll down...

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There were people broken up on that thread over Phil Collin's death and he wasn't even dead yet.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

YF has had a hard-on for me for a long time. I've often wondered why.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What a scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted