1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP James Farentino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jan 25, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-james-farentino-20120125,0,2462851.story?track=icymi

One of "The Bold Ones" has passed. Vaguely remember the series. Remember him for having been married to/divorced from Michelle Lee.

After the series went off, he disappeared. RIP.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

He didn't really disappear; he would pop up a lot in guest shots or character roles, like playing George Clooney's dad in "ER."

Oh yes, and the obit above reminded me that he starred in the TV spinoff of "Blue Thunder," which I actually watched at the time, though it didn't last long. The funniest thing about that series in retrospect is that his sidekick was played by Dana Carvey a few years before he hit Saturday Night Live (come to think of it, the name of Carvey's character, Clinton Wonderlove, was the funniest thing about that series). That's why I was so surprised when I first saw Carvey on SNL; I didn't even know he was a comedian at the time.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought Sinatra would have had him whacked - or at least roughed up - when he was stalking his daughter Tina.

Draft saved Draft deleted