1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP iTunes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 31, 2019.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Being out to bed, with replacements lined up.

Apple Is Finally Killing iTunes

Spotify is better than anything Apple's gonna dream up anyway.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

what was the difference between itunes and apple music?

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Apple Music has just music/radio available. iTunes has/had movies, TV episodes, etc. Looks like they’re building separate apps for those things now.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have had Spotify for maybe going on two years now. I'm more than happy to pay $11 a month for it and more than get my money's worth.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I run Napster, which was Rhapsody before buying the defunct Napster name. Very good service there as well.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've burned hundreds of CDs onto my iTunes library over the years.
    Of course, I also have an Apple Music subscription, so pretty much most (but not all) of those CDs are available in that streaming library.
    Keyword: most. I guess the old Swimming Pool Qs land Let's Active live CDs I have might not be accessible to me much longer.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'll go a different route and I stopped using iTunes almost as soon as Amazon started streaming music with Prime and then since we have probably too many Amazon devices we pay for Amazon Music and haven't touched iTunes much since. Not to mention we aren't an Apple family so that added to it when an iPod wasn't necessary to take your music with you any more, and that's been a while. I too have pretty much all my CDs on there, and I don't even know if I have my old CDs any more after a few moves, but my computer's music player downloaded all the iTunes content too, so regardless of what they do with it all I have it.

I'll also say, and maybe this is coming from a non-Apple person, that iTunes sucked as software on a computer. I always found it clunky and slow.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's still available, but Spotify was offering free subscriptions to Hulu. The details said they allowed grandfathering on to existing accounts.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The only reason I use iTunes is to sync my iPhone.

With Apple killing iTunes, I am worried newer versions of iOS won't be compatible with ANY iTunes versions. I have an old MacBook Pro still on Maverick (I refused to upgrade because the OS just works), which is my secondary iPhone backup.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Zune, regardless of what one thought of the devices, had an immense edge on the iPod when it came to the software.

service_gamer likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I got a couple of emails about that a month or so ago but never followed up on it.

12. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Is it still too late to go back?

Draft saved Draft deleted