1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Ingmar Bergman and Tom Snyder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Enjoyed Snyder very much.

RIP.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Loved Snyder's talk show. Dan Aykroyd did an excellent impression of him.

4. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Dan Aykroyd's impression was a good one, too. ::)

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And the real thing:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I was a huge TS fan. Some legendary interviews back with Tomorrow. Johnny Rotten. Manson. Alfred Hitchcock near the end. I remember him having a sex expert on who was advocating masturbation and TS said: "I have to hand it to you ..." and then collapsed in laughter for two minutes. He was a good friend of--of all people--David Brenner. It was weird ... i could give a shit about David Brenner until TS said he was a friend and the show they did together was great. (Brenner, friend of all it seems, said he had no hard feelings about anybody in Hollywood ... except Jack Lord and then went vitriolic for three minutes about what an ass he was.) Even the show on CBS was way better than the average fare.

RIP, etc

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I have never heard a good word said about Mr. Jack Lord.

RIP both.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Tom Snyder's dead?

Okay. Fair enough. I'll buy that.

A very fond farewell, sir.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

A great interviewer. I was too young for The Tomorrow Show, but liked his version of The Late, Late Show. Had to love that laugh and how he could just lose it. I also remember the time he showed up late and they just showed his empty chair for a while. How many shows would do that?

RIP.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How many different colors did they say was in Snyder's hair?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Lumping Bergman and Snyder in the same RIP is just weird on its face. Both men would probably have liked that.

RIP to both.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

It was through a Tom Snyder interview that the world learned of Elvis Costello's love of Rogers & Hart and other American Songbook classic writers.

There was a DVD set out a while back that featured Syder's interviews with rock stars -- Costello, Iggy Pop, Rotten, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted