1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Hummer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by franticscribe, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I didn't think they had made the H1 for a long while. Oh and there's nothing "micro" about a Hummer. ;)

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The H3 is what Chrysler should have made when it updated the Cherokee into the Liberty a few years ago. No, it's not small, but it's not full-size either.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Bravo

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Pick it up, Ace. That's good.

As for the Hummer, 2MCM mentioned the H3 as the only daily driver of the series. Trust me, the only way you'd want that car is if someone gave it to you gratis.

A few years ago, we did PR for a Nationwide Tour event here in SoCal that was sponsored by one of the big Chevy dealers in the area. This dealer ran the biggest Hummer franchise west of the Mississippi and the fourth largest in the nation.

During tournament week, they would give all the tournament staff H3s to drive. I didn't get one, but the tournament director schlepped me around in his part of the week.

The entire car is plastic. It was a $33,000 Legomobile. Frankly, the Hummer golf carts they brought in for the week seemed more solid than the H3.

Anyone buying one of those not only has small Jones syndrome, but a keep-up-with-the-Jones mentality showing more moxie than sense.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good career move.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When people read in 2103 about the fall of America and the rise to power of China in 2015, the pictures of the Hummer and George W. Bush will be in the textbook.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Between you and me ... I drive a Hummer with a Prius shell on top of it. Here, check it out.

[​IMG]

Gets even worse mileage than a Hummer! And the back seat's big enough you can perform an abortion in it!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

China should have been the most powerful country a long time ago.

Lucky for us that they just decided to sleep through the 20th century.

10. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Coach O is beside himself with grief.

"I love a Hummer, you love a Hummer...tell 'em about, Jo-Jo!"

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm glad this got recognized eventually. Well-done. Well, well-done.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I test drove a H1 a few years back and loved it, but there was no way I could afford the price or the 11 miles per gallon.

Draft saved Draft deleted