1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Hummer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 3, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Yes. It was one of Bush's first acts as president. There was a tax break for buying vehicles over 7,500 (I think) GVW that you could use in a business. Among the SUVs, the ones that qualified were Suburbans, Hummer H2s and Excursions. Basically encouraged people to buy gas suckers. Just another one of those coincidences about the Bush administration and the oil industry, I'm sure.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Chef, run away. Run very far away.

The H3 is a $30,000 piece of shit; made nearly out of plastic and fiberglass because Hummer wanted to capture that niche of the market and there were enough idiots willing to plunk down 30k for the penis extension of driving a Hummer.

One of the golf events I used to flack was sponsored by a car dealer who is one of the largest Hummer dealers in the country. The last year they were the title sponsor, they provided H3s as courtesy cars to the tournament staff.

So I got an up-close view of how the H3 is little more than Legos for the phallicly challenged.

I nearly got sideswiped by one in a parking lot about a month ago. My Murano would have gone through that piece O' shit like a Panzer tank.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And this is well-played, Breaker of Leopold and Loeb.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, there's a rumor a new version of the El Camino is in the works.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Same as before. A Toyota Prius.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The H3 is an SUV version of the downsized Chevy/GMC/Isuzu pickups (which were actually designed by Isuzu, I think) with rear disc brakes (that's right, the pickups have rear drums).

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Pick a newspaper, any newspaper.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Rebadged Holden Ute from GM's Australia subsidiary. The recent GTO was a rebadged Holden Monaro. The new Pontiac G8 is a rebadged Holden Commodore.

Holden's interesting, from a car geek's point of view. They take the LS-series engines GM only used for the Corvette and shove 'em in everything. Australians are lucky bastards.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

same thing they've always driven

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. lono

lono Active Member

No, now it's fixed