1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: Harvey Korman, the world is a less funny place.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, May 29, 2008.

1. Faithless

Faithless Member

Take this down ...

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Truly one of the most talented funnyman around. I'm with Lyman on the pairing of Conway and Korman. It was maddening and hilarious to watch Korman do everything not to laugh when Conway gets going into his character. He was considered the glue to the Carol Burnett show. Everything was golden in each skit he was in.

Hedley, thank you for spiltting our sides and gasping for air when we laugh.

3. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Weird. I was just thinking of the "Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise" line the other day, for no particular reason.

RIP.

4. I was addicted to watching the Carol Burnett Show as a kid.

Some of the Korman/Conway interplay had my stomach sore for days from laughing so hard.

It saddens me to hear this. RIP, Harvey.

5. Faithless

Faithless Member

Here's television at its greatest: the "Gone with the Wind" skit, parts I and II, from the Carol Burnett Show.

Part I:

Part II:

6. John

John Well-Known Member

One of the funniest people ever. Just brilliant.

7. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Thanks Heady!
    That's HED-ley!
    Big deal! It's the 1800s, you can sue her!

RIP to an underated comic genius.

[​IMG]

Boss, you use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

This is a classic Harvey-Tim skit. Harvey never says a word:

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Great quote from Mel Brooks in the AP obit story:

"A world without Harvey Korman — it's a more serious world," Brooks told the AP on Thursday. "It was very dangerous for me to work with him because if our eyes met we'd crash to floor in comic ecstasy. It was comedy heaven to make Harvey Korman laugh."

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Korman's performance in Blazing Saddles could very well be the best comedic performance in a movie of all-time.

I was too young for Blazing Saddles when it came out and I always loved Kevin Kline's performance in A Fish Called Wanda, which I saw unedited first. After seeing Blazing Saddles unedited, Kline should pay Korman royalties for inspiring his role.

And obviously, his Carol Burnett Show stuff was fantastic.

RIP to a great one.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This one makes me sad, though I missed most of his first-run stuff. I saw it in replays, and he and Conway always made me laugh really hard.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

RIP indeed. If these things happen in threes, then Korman, Sydney Pollack and Dick Martin is quite a trio.

Draft saved Draft deleted