1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Harry Morgan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

And the same number of American teenagers who looked like this in the pre-Beatles early 1960s.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Double J

Double J Active Member

That would be quite the power to have. Who are you gonna look up next? :D

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DON'T LOOK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Potter was probably my fave character. Wished just once I could have an experienced, wise, level-headed boss like that.

My fave Potter moment probably came during an episode where they had to bug out. They either get where they are going (or back to their old location) and Potter asks Radar for a damage assessment. Radar says they experienced some "light damage. Some broken plasma bottles. And some bourbon ones."

And Potter thunders, "I thought you said LIGHT damage???"

In one of his first episodes he is reviewing the files of his officers and he after going through Hawkeye's he says, "I gather you drink." The way he delivered that line still cracks me up. (And yes, count me among those who will watch the reruns if I stumble across them.)

RIP, Sherm.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Harry Morgan was a wife-abuser; he was arrested in 1996 for beating his wife, injuring her face and foot.

Should this have been noted in his obits? At least one writer thinks so.

http://laist.com/2011/12/08/is_mash_star_harry_morgans_past_get.php

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Gen. Steele episode is on TVLand right now

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

At 96, there's a lot material that can't fit into an obit. A one-time-mistake shouldn't necessarily make it in. (If that's what it was.)

The photo on Col. Potter's desk was a photo of Morgan's wife, and other things I learned from perusing the M*A*S*H Wiki...
    William Christopher is 79. Gary Burghoff had a deformed hand and is a jazz drummer. David Ogden Stiers is gay.

Rizzo's character was originally to be from New York, and Nurse Kelly appeared in more episodes than Trapper or Frank. Hawkeye and Hot Lips are the only two actors who were in the pilot and finale.

Not from Wiki ... my favorite TV show of all time.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

1. Yes, if you watch closely, you can see it. He's usually carrying a clipboard or something similar in that hand to hide it a little bit.

2. A good friend of mine from college is married to Nurse Kelly's daughter. Kinda cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted