1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Greg Giraldo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Classy move.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

ComedyCentral.com has a tribute page up:

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/a-tribute-to-our-dear-friend-greg-giraldo/

Wow, had no idea Giraldo graduated from Harvard Law.

Here's the direct link to last night's Moment of Zen:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-29-2010/moment-of-zen---our-moment-of-greg-giraldo

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

You could tell Stewart was struggling with that; he hardly ever looked straight at the camera during the segment.

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Nicely done. My fault for not waiting around for it.

Still a very sad story. Sorry to see him go. Got to see him do his thang a few years back on one of Dave Attell's tours. Absolutely hilarious and smart comedian.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Who will be playing the event, Great White? Whew, I damn near posted a tasteless joke.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear the Jeffrey Ross and Lisa Lampanelli eulogies at the memorial service.

8. Mizzougrad96

Apparently Gilbert Gottfriend tweeted something pretty tasteless right after Giraldo's death was confirmed. It had something to do with if he's cremated, is it a Greg Giraldo roast?

I think Gilbert can be funny, but not that time.

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Bill Shatners roast http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/49849/detail/

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

One of my cohorts and I talk about stand-up all the time. While discussing one particularly funny episode of the late, lamented "Root of All Evil," he said that Giraldo is one of those comedians who nobody -- especially his peers -- could believe hadn't grabbed the golden ring yet.

"Even the other comedians can't believe he hasn't hit it really big yet," my buddy said. "The guy is so respected in the stand-up community and I don't understand why he doesn't have a series yet."

Schimmel and Giraldo. Ugh, that's two Mensa-level comedians we've lost in the last two months. :( :'(

11. Mizzougrad96

I remember listening to Marc Maron's podcast a couple months ago and I think he was talking to Patton Oswalt about who the comedians are who are the most beloved by other comedians. The overwhelming winners were Louis C.K., Dave Attell and Giraldo.

12. Mizzougrad96

Maron had a very nice tribute to Giraldo on his podcast over the weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted