1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Greg Giraldo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

Comedian Greg Giraldo died today at the age of 44 -- five days after he was hospitalized for an overdose.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/29/comedian-greg-giraldo-dies-overdose-prescription-pills/

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ewww.. heard this this morning... damn waste... RIP...

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Bob Saget roast http://www.indavideo.hu/video/Roast_of_Bob_Saget_Greg_Giraldo

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

This sucks. :(

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend mentioned wanting to go see him for her birthday last month. She loved Giraldo and He was performing in a city nearby. I reminded her I had a vacation and three birthdays to pay for all within a month and it wasn't gonna be doable. She understood.

Well, don't I feel guilty now.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Guy was brilliant and extremely funny.

Was a regular on one of the best Comedy Central shows ever "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" in addition to his masterful roast moments and "Last Comic Standing" duties this season.

Very sad.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, that really sucks. One of my favorite comedians.

I have to assume it was a suicide. I know they'll say it was accidental.

Wow, that sucks.

8. Mizzougrad96

About a decade ago I walkend into a club in New York and Giraldo, Colin Quinn and Jim Norton were working on material in front of about 15 people. Norton was the best of the three but Giraldo and Quinn were fantastic as well.

I saw him one other time when it was him, Bob Levy and Artie Lange on the bill.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Greg was one of the few Comedy Central roast guys that I liked.

In other (good) news, Artie Lange reportedly returned to the stage last weekend for the first time since his suicide attempt.

I miss Artie on the Stern show every day. Hopefully he's taken care of a few of his demons.

10. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

He was one of the best, and I'm not just saying that because he was probably won of my select-few favorites. Sad story. Thanks for all the laughs and RIP.

11. Mizzougrad96

I'm a lifelong Stern fan, and I love Artie, but I'm guessing being an addict combined with the toxic atmosphere of working for Stern was not a healthy combination. A hilarious one, but not a healthy one.

12. Mizzougrad96

Giraldo told this story on Stern's show once. I guess more than a decade ago CBS was deciding between two comedies, one, that would star Giraldo or another one. They were too similar to do both with both comedians being surrounded by overbearing families. It was a very tough decision and went down to the wire.

CBS chose Everybody loves Raymond instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted