1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Glenn Frey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And lest we forget, played the Cardinals GM in Jerry Maguire.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Of all the bands I never got to see live, but really wanted to, the Eagles are on the top of list. Great music lives forever.
    I did get to see Joe Walsh who opened for Fleetwood Mac on the Rumours tour.

RIP

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Finally got around to watching The History of the Eagles documentary on Netflix (I think it originally aired on Showtime). Damn, it was good. As candid as any film about famous people I've ever seen.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

One of those bands whose success never made sense to me, but mostly bc they were a bit before my time. Most of their music is grating and cheesy, but again, but that's just a personal taste and I might have enjoyed them more if I was coming of age when they broke. Guy had an amazing career, that's for sure.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

This deserves a place in this thread, so all three cover stories are appropriately represented at sj.com:

[​IMG]

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Great call. I listened to it tonight for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten how awesome that song is.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought "The One You Love" was one helluva slow-dance song.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

A friend of a friend posted the day after his death that Desperado was unlistenable. How is that even possible?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Elaine Benes will tell you why.

murphyc likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My high school had a musical where a classmate sang it, sitting on the edge of the stage in a half-assed cowboy outfit (hat, flannel shirt). That was an unlistenable Desperado, and it's been in my head for almost 30 effing years.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    BDC99 and YankeeFan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted