1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Glenn Ford

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

One of Glenn Ford's most famous movies was "Blackboard Jungle," which featured "Rock Around the Clock" in the opening credits and kicked off the Rock Era of music.

It was Glenn's young son Peter who was indirectly responsible for the song being chosen, after the film's writer/director found it in the boy's record collection while looking for music to include in the picture. Here's Peter's story of how it happened.

http://www.peterford.com/ratc.html

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I talked to my sister on Sunday and she told me that she was pissed off because she had just been given Glenn Ford in the Dead Pool.

This morning she called to tell me that she had won $720.

I hope she enjoys the money because I am certain that she is probably going to hell for it.

4. Another "What? I thought he died years ago!" reaction.

He was excellent in "Blackboard Jungle" and a variety of TV shows/movies in the '70s, however.

RIP.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

He was also "Eddie's Father" long before Bill Bixby played the role on the small screen. If I remember correctly, Ron Howard played his son in the movie.

6. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Ford was one of the underrated greats.

Loved him in "Torpedo Run," "The Big Heat," and, of course, "Superman."

7. Don't forget the original Ransome

Draft saved Draft deleted