1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Gerry Rafferty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Loved his music, and Baker Street had a lot of meaning in my teen life.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hard to quantify his importance in my life and musical development. Sad tonight.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Great singer, great songs. RIP.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

I've owned his greatest hits for years, one of my all-time favs, along with Paul Davis and Dan Fogelberg, who left us too soon.
    When I got home from work last night, I cranked up Baker Street, Right Down the Line, Get It Right Next Time, Home and Dry and Days Gone Down.
    RIP, Gerry, hopefully you'll find peace in the next level.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

"Get It Right Next Time" is my fave. A poignant reminder that no matter how bad we screw up, sometimes there are do-overs.

RIP.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The summer I lived in London, I had to pass through the Baker Street tube stop pretty much every day. I never got annoyed that the song got stuck in my head. RIP Gerry.

7. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

"Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty were a duo known as Stealer’s Wheel when they recorded this Dylanesque, pop bubble-gum favorite from April of 1974. That reached up to number five, as K-Billy’s Super Sounds of the Seventies continues..."

Draft saved Draft deleted