1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP (?) Fred Phelps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: Fred Phelps near death, also ex-communicated

The WBC could probably make some good coin by placing a porta-potty over his grave and charging money to take a piss/dump on him. I'd pay $5 to give him a good hosing-down.

:D :D :D :D

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

So looking forward to tomorrow's New York Post hedline

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Can we get a title change for the thread reflecting he's dead? I'd suggest something like "BIH Fred Phelps." (That's Burn in Hell, btw)

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I guess that's up to Hondo, wherever he is.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Before my better sense took over, I would have made my Facebook status, "R.I.H. Fred Phelps" for Rot In Hell.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Solid.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fifty-four grandchildren.
    A rotten harvest.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that ol' Freddie had a (for lack of a better term) gay experience at some point in his life.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

WBC held their first protest since Phelp's death yesterday, and were met by counter-protestors:

[​IMG]

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/westboro-baptist-church-lorde-concert-sorry-for-your-loss

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Even the Phelpses’ own neighborhood — most of them live in a small, fenced-in compound around the church, with an upside-down American flag and signs warning of impending doom — is changing.

“I’ve watched more and more members leave the church, and have watched it deteriorate,” said Davis Hammet, a 23-year-old from Florida who, with other members of a small organization called Planting Peace, last year bought the gray house across the street from the Phelps compound in Topeka, painted it in rainbow colors, surrounded it with rainbow flags and moved in. Now he greets members of the Phelps family as they take out the trash, and has even invited them over — an invitation they have declined.

“We want to dismantle this hate group by overwhelming them with love,” Mr. Hammet said.

[​IMG]

nyti.ms/1exYHk6

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Was this the guy the Yankees got for Jay Buhner?

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Haters gonna hate. What's ironic is when haters start hating the haters. It's sort of like watching a game where both teams are wearing the same color of jerseys.

Draft saved Draft deleted