1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Frank Luksa, longtime Dallas columnist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lone star scribe, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's a thread on this in the News and Sports board, but I'm happy to post again that it was my pleasure to have known Frank. Old school doesn't do it justice. And, I may add, I've never met anybody who knew as much about the Cowboys, from 1960 on.

2. Mark Godich

Mark Godich New Member

I had the honor of working with Frank at the Times Herald. He was one funny guy. Every phone call to the desk started with, "Luksa here." Knew the Cowboys inside and out. More than anything, he was pure class.

RIP

3. Can't say I knew him well, but from everything I could tell in my limited interaction with him, Frank was an absolute gentleman.

4. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

Frank worked and lived with the best reporter's kind of gentle cynicism/irreverence. Always looking for the fun in a moment. A wonderful man and writer.

5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I knew him a bit from my days at FWST and played golf with him once or twice, and just a good guy and terrific sports writer. God bless.

Draft saved Draft deleted