1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP former TCU hoops coach Neil Dougherty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 8, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Died while jogging. Age 50.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/30520486

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Damn. He was a "John Doe" for three days. Hell, did someone steal his wallet or did he have it on him in the first place?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's why I have my wife's cell phone number written in sharpie on my running shoes.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

jesus i got to start doing that. I run up to 10 miles on the weekend w nothing but an ipod.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

From what I hear, he wasn't robbed. Was in Indianapolis on business and went for a run Tuesday night without his ID. Nobody heard from him Wednesday and he was reported missing Thursday morning. Coroner put 2 and 2 together.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, I've never taken anything with me when I go for runs. I'm going to start now.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Jogging can be dangerous to your health.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Me, too. And, someday, when I get married, I'll put my wife's cell number on my shoes. :D

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

this is kind of eerie for me. found out a couple of days ago about a friend's death on facebook. he'd died suddenly on june 29 in another state and had no id on him so they couldn't notify anyone. his worried mom drove from texas to new mexico and found out july 5th.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I got to know Neil a little bit over the years. He was a great guy. He really was. I found him real personable and just plain nice. We need more people like him in sports.

It's always sad when someone dies too soon and too unexpectedly.

Draft saved Draft deleted