1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ford Taurus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Oct 19, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I once knew a guy who took a Pinto wagon, ditched the frame/engine/tranny, repainted the body red with black paint where the woodgrain decals once resided, gave it a custom interior, then put the whole thing under the very-lifted frame of an early 1970s Ford Bronco (the original small version, not the F100SUV that came later).

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When I think of "Ford," I think of one thing: bum EGR valves.

3. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

ah, the '95 ford taurus, partly responsible for the worst two days i have experienced in my life. nothing like being late for the second PJ show (i.e. the vitalogy/no code lovefest) at pine knob in 03, having my radiator blow on the way on m-14, and missing the first 10 songs or so of the show. and that was nothing compared to the shit i went through the night before.

i currently drive a 97 taurus that has 201k miles and is still kicking. other than replacing the brakes in the winter of 05, there have been no major incidents since then and if i can get 250k out of a car i bought for a little over $1k that had 175k at the point of purchase, i'll be a happy man.

Draft saved Draft deleted