1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Flip Saunders

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Non-Hodgkin's is unpredictable. My dad had it in his early sixties, went through a course of chemo and radiation, and beat it.

He was in basically good health until it came back when he was 75. This time it metastasized fast and he was gone in 3-4 months.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

ruuufioToday, the guy who believed in me since day 1 passed away. He was all smiles passionate and really loved this game. He gave everything to the Timberwolves and did amazing things for us. He was our leader. Really gonna miss you coach. RestInPeace Flip.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fuck. Just awful news. Flip was one of the really good ones.

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

RIP Flip. Terrible news.

5. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

When you kept hearing nothing you assumed things couldn't good, and there were hints here and there, but even up here in Minnesota, there was remarkably little said over the air and written in newspapers about his condition over the past few months. You can probably attribute that in part to just how well-liked Flip was.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Awful news. The KG photo is numbing.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He had Hodgkins lymphoma. He was diagnosed four months ago, but suffered a 'setback' last month. It's awful. Hodgkins is very treatable, like 90%+ survival rate.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

RIP, Flip.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I saw stories reporting it both ways (Hodgkin's and non-). Doesn't matter much now.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had a frat bro in college, one of the best guys I knew, diagnosed with Hodgkins. He had graduated and by all accounts was doing well. Then one night I came home from a college basketball game to a parking lot full of cars. Ugh. It can happen fast.

Draft saved Draft deleted