1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP FHM

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Dec 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kate. Christa got off the show just before it completely crashed and burned. I think she quit to have a family.

The demise of the Drew Carey Show is still one of the most interesting things to happen on network TV. Signed to a long-term extension and then immediately buried by the network. It's like the TV version of the Mo Vaughn contract.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember they were showing first-run Drew Carey episodes in July about two or three years ago. I thought it had been off the air for at least two years...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

the amazing thing is it HAD been off the air for two years. ABC committed to several more years of the show and then a new prez took over and completely buried the show. Those shows were in the can for two years. You're right, they were burned off two a night over the course of a summer.

I felt bad for Carey and wanted to watch the shows to support the guy getting buried (though the checks cleared). But it was summertime so I never saw any of them. Sorry Drew.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I remember watching a couple of them. I was shocked. I don't think they even identified the show when they'd run an episode, they'd just go right in without an open. It was surreal. When hot Kate left and particularly when the department store shut down, they should have gone dark. It jumped more sharks than Tony Hawk on a PCP binge at Sea World.

As for the death of FHM: Does that open the door for Se7en and Amanda Nelson?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm holding out for the planned spinoff of "Better Homes and Gardens meets Atlantic Monthly meets Penny Press Word Seek meets Big Beautiful Butts"

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

TBS used to air reruns all the time, but I don't see them now. And they only showed the ones before the new ABC prez took over and destroyed the show.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

They are super, super super cheap. When we had that magazine thread a while back, someone suggested E-bay, so I checked it out, not exactly look for FHM. But I found Blender, FHM (I think), Maxim and Stuff for like $4 for 3 years. I signed up, figuring what the hell, if there's one article a year I like, it's probably worth it.

Guess I'm getting screwed. I hope I get my $0.90 back.

Really though, they've all always been so cheap, it's almost hard not to sign up. I think Maxim was like $12 a year when it started without using Ebay. My frat in college used to get like 70 of them a month. EVERYONE signed up.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I pay a buck an issue for The New Yorker and Vanity Fair, and something along the same lines for Esquire.

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Wasn't one of Drew's girlfriends the hot Addison Sheppard from Grey's Anatomy. If I remember correctly, she had a little more meat on her bones back then and looked even better. She's hot.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

http://790theticket.com/custompage.php?page=misssouthflorida2006

Oops.

Possibly NSFW at nunneries.

Draft saved Draft deleted