1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP ex-Saint DE Will Smith in road rage shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 10, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So is yours.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The idea that you can discern what someone is thinking or feeling from pictures is, and always has been, absurd.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on ... this was all decided in Click v. Missouri. There's a right way and a wrong way to pose for a mug shot. Justice Kennedy, writing for the majority, laid out a three-part test to determine whether a particular pose is wrong. But the court was unanimous in ruling that if you pose the wrong way, that can be taken as evidence of your guilt.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are people like JohnHammond who are kind of assholes here (by design) and make drive-by digs, but are usually kind of right.

You are kind of an asshole (also by design), but usually wrong.

You are like a Saturday Night Live character. The drive-by message board quipper who is actually always wrong.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

Wonder what he's thinking.

[​IMG]

6. TheSportsPredictor

I'd imagine SJ.com is your largest billed client.

Riptide likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Good one.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

HA! Was totally waiting for a similar post. Of course you can imagine what hes thinking if you know the context, but you still have no fucking clue. Maybe he's really thinking "cool, now I can get out to Hawaii for the rest of the winter."

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So the Smith-Hayes matter isn't going to be the most violent incident of this thread?

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I shot someone in a road rage incident or argument on the street, I might be smiling to know that laws exist that make it legal to fire away if I say I was scared or standing my ground.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We may as well just go the full 9 and legalize dueling.

Ace likes this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Was once stopped at a red light in the bad neighborhood surrounding my college. All of a sudden, a car swerves in front of me, between me and the light - underneath the traffic light. It was late at night, so I didn't honk. Did start brighting him pretty good until a minute later when two cop cars came up with lights flashing, pulled him out of his car and put his hands behind his back over the car. I didn't stick around to see what happened next.

Draft saved Draft deleted