1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Esquire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You serious? It's the pattern in white. Each of those boxes is a "windowpane."

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Windowpane lol. Just call it a square.

3. Songbird

I've been around fashion and fashionistas my entire life and had never heard the term windowpane to describe squares. Guess I need to run with the Esquire crew.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This must be an old picture. The jacket actually looks like it fits the subject, rather than the current style of looking three sizes too small.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I really don't understand this. Whatever else you think about the guy, he's obsessed with appearances, has always wanted to be a badass jet-setter character from a Tom Wolfe novel ... and he doesn't know how to wear a tie. I seriously don't get it at all. WTF?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I hear it all the time. Standard industry term.

(And, no, I do not own a windowpane suit. I own like two suits and they are both cheap and ill-fitting and suck.)

7. Songbird

Maybe I need to run with your crew too.

8. Dick Whitman

It is highly unlikely that 90 percent of the members of my crew, other than my brother, who is a bit of a fashionista, owns a suit unless they were married in it. Actually, I take that back. The basketball coaches probably do.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He's obsessed with appearances, and yet he's obese, doesn't wear a suit that ever fits, eats like somebody going to the chair, gets bad spray tans that give him raccoon eyes and orange skin, and has probably not broken a sweat since the 1970s. He's a gold-plated slob. He probably has holes in his underpants and in the toes of his socks.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I bought a $700 suit a year ago and have never had bigger buyer's remorse in my life.
    'Windowpanes' - that's really so precious, and so Esquire.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I never really paid attention, but did Trump wear properly tailored suits, say, 5-10 years ago? Part of me thinks this is his way of trying to seem relatable to Real Muricans.

12. Dick Whitman

[​IMG]

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted